June 21, 2015

The New Sharona Hobo Purse from Delinda Boutique






I had the pleasure to test another bag by Maria at Delinda Boutique.  This one is called the Sharona Hobo Purse.  There are a lot of options with this bag depending on what type of fabrics you are using and the different options for stabilizers.  How much structure do you want or how much slouchiness?  Here is my Sharona.



As you can see, I went with a more structured version.  I used Pellon Flex Foam for the inside of this bag,  embroidered rust colored suede for the lower body and a Kona rust solid on the top.  The lining was a quilting cotton.



The finished size of the Sharona is 14" wide, 10.5" high and 3.5" deep.  There is a slip pocket on the front, a zippered pocket on the back,  a slip pocket inside and another zippered pocket inside as well.  The bag closes with a magnetic snap and also has bag feet.

I was happy with how my bag turned out but would change a few things the next time.  I loved the structure on the bottom part of the bag but not so much on the top. I would use a heavier fabric for the bag like a denim so I would not have to have the flex foam go up into the handles.  I would also make the straps a little longer.  I think it would be cute with the big pocket on the front and the back.  That would allow you to put the flex foam on the pocket pieces and the gusset and allow the bag pieces to be slouchier.

The Sharona Hobo by Delinda Boutique is being released today.  It is a fairly quick and easy sew.  You can get this pattern here on Craftsy or here on .Etsy.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Love that suede!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love that suede too. I have more left and will certainly use it again to highlight a bag.

      Delete
  2. I had a similar thought on the handles with the (Swoon) Laney Hobo. They didn't appear long enough to sit nicely on shoulder. I think I extended them 1.5 inches.
    Lovin' your textured suede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. The straps are OK for this time of year but probably not with a heavy winter coat. Lesson learned.

      Delete
  3. Love the fabric you used. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric you used. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete