January 8, 2015

Chris W Designs Patterns Facebook Page Sew Along






I cut my teeth on my bag making with the Chris W Designs Coco Bag.  I have learned so much about sewing great bags from Christine.  Her patterns are thorough, clear, concise and, I must admit, a little intimidating the first time you see them.  They consist of a ton of pictures and a large number of pages with directions.  But...if you follow the directions step by step...before you know it, you have a beautiful, professional looking bag and you will be so proud of your accomplishment.

How would you like to make one of her best bags, Sugar and Spice, with a group of other sewists, getting any help you need along the way?  If you are more of a bag expert, join along, too...you could be the help someone else needs.

What do you need to do?  Join the Chris W Designs Facebook Page here.  It is a closed group so you will need to be accepted.  No problem there.  Rachel Anaya has been gracious enough to run this sew along and she has some general guidelines on her blog, Tiger In A Tornado here.

I will be blogging throughout this month long project.  It begins on Monday, January 12, and ends February 12.  Here are some of the Sugar and Spice Bags I have made.



 All of them have new homes except one.  Time to make more....

Here are some of the general guidelines;

By January 12

Buy the pattern from Chris W Designs pattern store here.
Read over the pattern.
Print the paper pattern pieces.Gather fabric and supplies.
Read the pattern, again.

January 12 - January 19

Cut all of the pattern pieces out of your fabric.
Fuse the interfacing and fleece.

January 19 - February 12

Sew.


Here is the fabric I have selected, as well as the pattern pieces and hardware.  I'm all set!!!!  Hope you join in, too.


14 comments:

  1. Gosh I LOVE your fabric choices Marilyn!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love this pattern!! The sew along will be fun. There is something so fun about sewing the same thing that many others are sewing at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Shoot, I wish I had time to join... it sounds fun! I already have at least 3 other bags to make during that time, though. And I'm a slow sewer. I look forward to reading about it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you will miss it, too. It is nice to have companionship even online when you are at home sewing. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  3. Love the fabrics you picked Marilyn !!
    this will be my first S&S bag...any tips ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you will love this one Liz. The hardest part is the piping and you are an expert there so I don't see any issues for you. I have made bags with all of the piping the bag calls for and most of the bags with piping just at the top of the bag and on each outside pocket. I like the bags with less piping best.

      Delete
  4. I am so excited about this. I have never used piping before and cannot wait. I bought my pattern but need to pick my fabrics yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have so much fun and there will be so much help available.

      Delete
  5. Too busy to join in and I don't have that pattern anyway, so I guess I will pass for now. I will be enjoying seeing the finished bags from everyone involved though. I love all your bags Marilyn. You have made a lot of S&S bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daryl. We'll miss you. It should be fun to sew as a group.

      Delete
  6. Love your fabric choices. Time to make my choices! Looking forward to the sew along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are sewing and blogging, too, Judith. It will be fun.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete