July 11, 2014

Featured, Interviewed and Scheduling While Sewing






I have had an eventful week in my sewing room.  After finishing my Convertible Bag, I decided to do another Totes Ma Tote Bag from Janelle at Emmaline Bags found here.  Since it is not quite done, all I can show you is the fabric.



The fabric with circles is the outside, the zig zag is the lining and the faux leather is the straps and side trim.

I worked this week on scheduling some new shows.  Since my Etsy store is still on hold, I decided to book an event for August.  I submitted pictures of my work, my blog and all of the necessary paperwork and fees.  You must be approved to participate in this festival.  I found out a couple of days later that I was approved and I will be at the18th Annual North Canton Main Street Festival in North Canton, Ohio on Aug 16 and 17.  This will be my first time participating in this fair where they close down part of Main Street in the heart of town for all of the booths of food, crafts, and fun.  Yesterday, I was contacted by a local paper that wants to do an interview with me with pictures of some of my bags for an article they are doing about the fair.Won't that be fun!

This morning, while sifting through all of the blogs that I follow, I found out that my first Totes Ma Tote Bag was featured on the Sew Can She blog.  It got the most hits from last week's linky party. You can see that below and on their blog here.





Well, back to work so I can show you the new bag soon.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The interview, the Fair, being featured.... oh my! I'm so happy for you. I guess you'll be sewing lots of bags these days. And those fabrics with the faux leather will look great! Happy Sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Norma. I have been sewing a lot. Even more to come.

      Delete
  2. I foresee another gorgeous bag... love the fabrics! May I ask where you get your faux leather?

    Have fun at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh...the faux leather. I was purchasing the one I like at JoAnn's. I have some in black and brown. Someone else tried to get it and couldn't find it. I just recently looked at my JoAnn's (a large store) and they no longer have it. I didn't even see a space for it. It is not online either. I guess I'll be searching for a different fabric. I saw it once at Walmart but I've not seen it there recently.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete